Although Twitter has its own app that is available for free, third-party apps have been very popular, even at a price. One of the most popular, some would say the most popular, is Tweetbot. The app’s creator has been working for months on updating all of its apps, to be compatible with iOS 7. Today, Tweetbot 3 for iPhone and iPod touch has been given the iOS 7 redesign. It is just a matter of time before the company unveils the new iPad version.
As a foretelling of things to come for the iPad, the iPhone version of Tweetbot has been completely redone. Thanks to Apple’s background refresh feature, Tweetbot 3 can now fetch tweets for you while you are doing something else. You can create multiple drafts of your tweets and display how many are pending sot that you will remember to go back to them at a later time. You have more control over how the tab bar looks. You can even hide tweets that have certain hash tags in them.
Tweetbot 3’s new features include:
- Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS7.
- Native Push Notifications.
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them. Mute services, hashtags, people, and even keywords (regex included).
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone, iPad, and the Mac via iCloud or Tweetmarker.
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp, Droplr, and more.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI’s, attach photos/videos, manage your lists, and much more.
Tweetbot 3 for Twitter (iPhone & iPod touch) is available in the App Store for $2.99. There is no official information regarding the launch of the iPad version at this time. However, it will likely be within the next few months. We’ll keep you posted.